Rosetta Full Day Tour
- Discover Egyptian countryside life
- Visit the furthest point of the Nile where it meets the Mediterranean
- Visit the mystical Island of Abu Mandor
- Admire the Rosetta stone that has text in 2 languages to honour the pharaohs
- Visit traditional Islamic monuments
The tour begins with a pick up from your hotel. Once in the car, your guide will regale you with stories about Egypt’s history and culture, particularly that of port cities.
Drive for 60 km to see the simple life of Rosetta which used to be Egypt’s most significant port in the 18th and 19th centuries. Upon your arrival, you will take a motorboat on the Nile where you will see the meeting point of the Nile and the Mediterranean sea. Next, explore the castle where the Rosetta Stone was found in 1799. The text is written in 2 languages, using 3 writing systems- hieroglyphic, demotic, and the Greek alphabet making the Rosetta stone a vital discovery.
After that, you will see a lot of Islamic monuments. Travel in comfort back to your hotel afterward. Rosetta has so much to see, feel, eat and buy so if you have time and want to add more to your itinerary – just let your guide know what you are interested in and they will arrange it for you.
- Pick up services from your hotel in Alexandria and return
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fee for all the above-mentioned historical places
- Mineral water
- All taxes and service charges
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- 0 – 04.99 Free of Charge
- 5 – 10.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 11+ pay full tour price as per adult person
Note: If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
At time of booking, please provide us the name of your hotel and your room number when you get it.
After your tour is confirmed by Discovery Travel, you will receive email with the final confirmation and voucher to bring with you printed or mobile voucher accepted.
Details will include contact numbers of your tour guide and customer care and additional information for your convenience
What to bring :
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
Pick up is approximately one hour before the schedule.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Price & Reservation
Get a Question?
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.