Archeological Day Tour
This trip for Archaeology lovers. Explore the monuments, mosques, and gardens of Alexandria on this full-day guided tour.
- Visit the Catacombs of Kom El Shokafa
- See the Roman Amphitheater & The Library of Alexandria Manuscripts museum
- Stop for a photo at Pompay’s Pillar
- Visit the oldest church in Africa
- See the site of the Lighthouse, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Walk across Stanley Bridge
First, you will be picked up from your hotel before visiting the Catacombs of Kom El Shokafa which are the largest Roman Cemetery. Then, visit the Roman Amphitheater of Alexandria with the display of the sunken monuments. Drive by Pompay’s Pillar and stop for a photo.
Your next stop is the library of Alexandria; the biggest library in the world. Visit its open court, manuscripts museum, president Saddat Museum, and the impressions of Alexandria Museum.
Afterwards, visit the church of St. Mark – the oldest church in Africa as well as the Abbo Elabbas Mosque. Continue to see the outside of Quaitbay castle which was built on the same site as the ancient Lighthouse.
Then, visit the gardens of Montaza and the royal gardens of King Farouk. See the royal palaces of Haramlek and Salamlek, and finally, walk along the famous Montaza bridge.
- Pick up services from your hotel in Alexandria and return
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fee for all the above-mentioned historical places
- Mineral water
- All taxes and service charges
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- 0 – 04.99 Free of Charge
- 5 – 10.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 11+ pay full tour price as per adult person
Note: If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
At time of booking, please provide us the name of your hotel and your room number when you get it.
After your tour is confirmed by Discovery Travel, you will receive email with the final confirmation and voucher to bring with you printed or mobile voucher accepted.
Details will include contact numbers of your tour guide and customer care and additional information for your convenience
What to bring :
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
Pick up is approximately one hour before the schedule.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Price & Reservation
Get a Question?
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.