Day Trip to Edfu and Kom Ombo
- Visit the Temple of Horus in the ancient city of Edfu
- Discover the magnificent Temple of Kom Ombo built in honor of deities
- Learn about sacred structures and the rich history of Edfu
- Enjoy the drive in a fully air-conditioned car with a professional guide
Meet your driver/guide at your hotel lobby in Luxor and begin your journey to Edfu. On the way, receive your guide’s full attention and be enlightened by tales of the ancient mythology of Egypt to pique your interest and enhance your understanding.
Once in Edfu, enjoy an enthralling visit to the Temple of Horus. Marvel at the best-preserved religious place in Egypt with imposing sandstone structures of Horus, the god of protection. In accordance with the mythology of Egyptian gods, explore the site where Horus sought revenge upon Seth, the god of chaos, for murdering his father, Osiris.
Next, take a 1.5-hour drive to the Temple of Kom Ombo, built in devotion to the divine deities overlooking the east side of the River Nile. Learn about the structures of the temple and how it was built in honor of two great divinities: the falcon-headed Horus or Haroeris, and the crocodile-headed god of fertility, Sobek.
After spending a marvelous hour walking around the temple, it will be time for a lunch break in the city of Aswan. From here, either be dropped off at your hotel in Aswan or set off on the return journey to your accommodation in Luxor, depending on the tour option you select.
- Pick up services from your hotel in Luxor and return
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English speaking guide or other languages available throughout tours
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Aswan
- Bottled mineral water
- All taxes and service charges
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- 0 – 04.99 Free of Charge
- 5 – 10.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 11+ pay full tour price as per adult person
Note: If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
At time of booking, please provide us the name of your hotel and your room number when you get it.
After your tour is confirmed by Discovery Travel, you will receive email with the final confirmation and voucher to bring with you printed or mobile voucher accepted.
Details will include contact numbers of your tour guide and customer care and additional information for your convenience
What to bring :
- Comfortable shoes
- Cotton clothes in summer
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
Pick up is approximately one hour before the schedule.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Price & Reservation
Get a Question?
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.