Old Cairo Citadel, Coptic Cairo, & Khan Bazaar
- Delve into the rich Egyptian history and witness its glory at Old Cairo
- Visit the Saladin Citadel perched on the Mokattam Hills and catch a grand view of the city
- Marvel at medieval buildings that have survived the test of time
- Admire the major landmarks of Cairo, like the Hanging Church and Ben Ezra Synagogue
- Stroll through the alleys of the Khan el-Khalili Bazaar and indulge in some shopping
Spend a full day exploring the major architectural highlights of the city of Cairo, along with a tour of an extraordinary bazaar. Your guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Cairo and take you to your first destination, the Saladin Citadel. This Citadel was constructed by the Sultan of Egypt, Salah Al-Din in 1183, and has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Built on Mokattam Hills, it offers stunning views of the surroundings. This massive structure is known for its alabaster structure—your guide will tell you more about its fascinating history and the purpose of its construction.
Next, you’ll be taken to one of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East, Khan El-Khalili Bazaar. Here, you can stroll along countless alleys and drop into quaint shops that have sold souvenirs and antiques since the 14th century. Follow this up with a lunch in a delicious local restaurant.
Finally, visit Old Cairo to see the more prominent landmarks of the city. View the Hanging Church, one of the oldest churches in Egypt; the Church of St. Barbara, known for its precious displays; the Ben Ezra Synagogue, where baby Moses was found; and the Church of Abu Serga, one of the oldest Coptic churches in Cairo. At the conclusion of the tour, you’ll be taken back to your hotel.
- Pick up services from your hotel in Cairo and return
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English speaking guide or other languages available throughout tours
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Bottled mineral water
- All taxes and service charges
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- 0 – 04.99 Free of Charge
- 5 – 10.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 11+ pay full tour price as per adult person
Note: If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
At time of booking, please provide us the name of your hotel and your room number when you get it.
After your tour is confirmed by Discovery Travel, you will receive email with the final confirmation and voucher to bring with you printed or mobile voucher accepted.
Details will include contact numbers of your tour guide and customer care and additional information for your convenience
What to bring :
- Comfortable shoes
- Cotton clothes in summer
- Warm clothes in winter
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
Pick up is approximately one hour before the schedule.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Price & Reservation
Get a Question?
Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.